RICK RACK Textiles and COVID-19
A message to our cool cat customers
AT RICK RACK Textiles the health and safety of our customers, our employees, and our community are a top priority. We wanted to share with you the measures that we have been taking to ensure that our shop and studio operate in a responsible and safe manner while also contributing “flattening the curve” and slowing the spread of COVID-19.
- In our public retail space all high-touch areas are santitized three times a day. Counter tops, cutting tables, computers, door handles, and other surfaces are cleaned at the start of day, mid day, and at end of day. In addition, our point of sale and debit machines will be cleaned as needed through the day.
In our studio space all equipment is being sanitized before and after each use. We also have new protocols for issuing scissors and notions to workshop participants and these will also be thoroughly cleaned after each workshop session.
- Our studio is spacious and participants will have plenty of space to work on their projects while also minimizing contact with others.
- In addition to our regular policy of offering full refunds with 48 hours of notice, we are now also offering credit for cancellations with less than 48 hours notice, which can be applied to any future workshops at RICK RACK.
All contact surfaces in our washroom will be cleaned a minimum of three times daily, in addition to our regular cleaning schedule.
Staff and instructors are required to wash their hands diligently after any handling of cash, shared equipment and notions, etc.
- Any staff or instructors feeling unwell are required to stay home to recuperate.
- We are asking our customers to use contactless payment (tap) whenever possible, and cash payments are discouraged.
- Our hours of operation and staffing levels may fluctuate during this period of social distancing and we appreciate your patience, support and understanding in this regard.
We will remain open for business unless public policy requests otherwise. We can still help you pick out the perfect fabric or pattern, print your large format documents, and learn more great sewing skills in our workshops. These will be challenging times for many small businesses and many will remain open out of necessity and could use your patronage. When possible we encourage you to shop local!
Please stay safe, take care of yourselves, your friends, and your family. We are SEW thankful to have your help with curbing the spread of COVID-19.