Work at RICK RACK
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
Hiring for Part-time
Deadline to apply: June 3rd, 2020 at 5:00pm
We are looking for vibrant sewists with a flexible schedule and a passion for sharing knowledge to join our team! We are currently closed due to the pandemic but are looking for someone to join our team immediately to assist with preparations for reopening and to assist the public as a sales associate in safe and sanitary working conditions when we reopen mid-June. In our new store located in the heart of Inglewood, RICK RACK features indie pattern designers, inspiring fabrics, and killer workshops. Our associates will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to everyone who is looking to get crafty!
AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS - the right person is:
- Is available for shifts on weekdays AND weekends.
- Is interested in a fixed, part-time schedule with ongoing opportunities for additional scheduled shifts and pick up opportunities.
- Is able to start working on-site on June 9th, 2020.
DUTIES: – The associate position at RICK RACK includes the following:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Offering assistance with pattern selection and fabric pairings
- Cutting fabric and haberdashery to measure
- Answering phone and email inquiries
- Processing payments and refunds using a POS system
- Assisting with Shopify/ e-commerce order fulfillment
- Signing up customers for our in-store loyalty program
- Booking workshops & processing services online & in person
- Acting as an ambassador for RICK RACK
- Sewing samples as requested by coordinators, while on site
- Maintaining a clean and tidy shop with daily duties
- Maintaining stock levels and assisting with merchandising
- Processing print job requests from customers
- Completing opening and/or closing duties
SKILLS NEEDED – Here is a handy list of the core skills needed:
- Must have intermediate knowledge of garment sewing
- Familiar with current trends in indie pattern design
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be patient and a good listener
- Knowledge of embroidery, quilting, & hand sewing are an asset
- Must be a team player and enjoy social interaction
- Previous retail experience is a bonus
- Previous experience with Shopify is a bonus
- Problem solver extraordinaire
- Ability to multitask and maintain a sense of calm during busy times
- Self-starter; work with limited supervision
TRAINING – We work closely with new sales associates so that their experience at RICK RACK is a success. We do this by:
- Providing one-on-one training for the POS system, Shopify, bookings system, phone system, print job processes, daily email, opening and end of shift procedures
- Providing training on fabric selections & a review of products
- Facilitating bi-annual team training sessions
- We will be providing additional training to all team members on new retail and safety procedures before reopening to the public!
We encourage you to apply via email to Victoria Hedin at email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.
Deadline: June 3rd, 2020 @5pm. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and will be booking virtual interviews as needed. Thank you for applying!