Still not sure what to get your sewist? Not sure what to make for your pals? Just looking for some fun ideas? We’ve got you covered, cool cats!
For the newbie!
- Set your newbie sewist up for success with our Starter Sewing Kit. This kit comes packed with quality notions that every sewist reaches for. There’s also a sweet discount code hidden inside to apply towards their next purchase… the gift that keeps on giving!
- Hook your newbie up with the gift of sewing knowledge! We have some fab books that are perfect for the beginner, The Complete Book of Sewing Techniques, Sew: the Garment-Making Book of Knowledge and You and Your Sewing Machine. Find these books and more here!
- Every sewist needs a solid pair of shears to cut that fabric like buttah! These best selling and simply stunning LDH shears will set you up! See all of our LDH shears here. Want a dose of unicorn magic? Check out our prism shears!!
- Still not sure, pal? Give them the gift of choice with an online RICK RACK Textiles gift card. Gift cards are delivered by email and contain instructions to redeem them at checkout in our online shop! Our gift cards have no additional processing fees. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
Wanna sew something for your beginner sewist? We think that this sewing machine cover from Closet Core is pretty dang swell! Pair it with this Maintenance Log from the Sewing Loft and they’ll be as good as gold!
- Get your sewist’s pattern tracing adventure started with this fab kit! Pattern mags are super neat, because you get multiple patterns in one magazine! We’re crushing hard on Fibre Mood, and each kit comes with an issue of your choice. You’ll also get a clear ruler, a roll of tracing paper, a FriXion Erasable Pen, 4 paper weights and 5 pattern envelopes, all in a handy dandy project bag. How fun is that?
- Y’all know we love a good garment label! These tried and true labels from Kylie and the Machine and Pink Coat Club are a fave among all levels of sewists and are the perfect finishing touch for your me mades, and the perfect stocking stuffer! (Pssst! Does your sewist have a potty mouth? Check out these Sweary Sewist Labels!)
- Hey, have we mentioned how much we love LDH? A good pair of reliable shears is super important to sewists of all levels. Take it up a notch with these gold plated Imperial Shears… oh la la!
- What do you call a sewist that makes their own Jeans? A jeanius, of course! Is your advanced sewist itchin’ to get stitchin’ some denim? Gift them one of our fab Jeans patterns! We have the Ash, Dawn, Morgan, Ginger, Fulford, or Quadra Jeans Pattern, and you can pair your pattern with a sweet Kylie and the Machine Jeans Hardware Kit!
- Need another challenging project idea for your awesome sewist? How about a flight suit? Everyone’s doing it! The Merchant and Mills Thelma pattern and the Closet Core Blanca are pretty dang fab! Check out this Thelma our pal Anna made, who wouldn't want this project on their cutting table?
For the “Keeping it Comfy” Sewist!
- Looking for the perfect outfit to chill in alllll holiday season long? The Carolyn PJs are designed for the ultimate lounging! Paired with our oh so cozy flannel will keep them kickin’ back all holiday!
Sewing for a super chill pal? How about making an eye mask, the Peppermint Patterns Robe Jacket, a cooling rice bag, cozy slippers or bamboo Virginia leggings (psst! We have the mini version here for the littles!)
For the Organized Sewist!
- Your sewist can keep their sewing space clean as a whistle with these fab wooden thread racks and plastic thread organizer, pattern envelops and magnetic pin cushion and bowls.
Sewing for someone with a place for everything and everything in its place? Check out this handy dandy woven basket tutorial from Mr. Domestic, a cute place to put all the things!
For the Foodie!
- Your foodie will be all set to make magic in the kitchen in this ding dang awesome Merchant and Mills Victor Apron (and hey! We have the hardware for that!)
Sewing for a foodie? This apple pillow is just too adorable! These snack bag patterns are pretty dang swell too, and you can fill them with treats for your pal, like these tasty and beautiful Geode Chocolates!
For the Fancy Pants!
- Does your sewist have an eye for shiny things? Check out these pretty AND practical sewing goodies that will get plenty of use in the sewing room. From sparkly zippers, to rose gold measuring tape and thimbles, we've got you covered! How about these fab little lipstick pin case? And you'll be feeling the unicorn fancy with these Prism Pinking Shears!
For the 80s Kid!
- Calling all 80s kids! You're gonna look fly in a sweet fanny pack, dude! Hook your sewist up with a fanny pack pattern or two, and some of this choice fabric!
- Use up some scraps and pair that pack with a matching scrunchy and you'll be looking fresh. Now take that side pony on down for a little arcade action at Revival Brewcade. Whoa, righteous!
For the Animal Lover!
- Pals! Have an animal lover? We have animal print fabric, alligator fabric, splitting at the seams with cute kitty fabric! Heck, we even have skunks and pandas! It doesn't stop there, folks. We even have llama pin cushions, farm animal fabric panels and kitty buttons!
Want your bud to snuggle up with something cozy? Check out this dang adorable corgi pattern!http://fluffmonger.net/2018/01/quigley-corgi-free-sewing-pattern-tutorial/
Keep your puppers warm all Winter with this stinking' cute dog coat pattern!
For the Festive Friend!
- We have the neatest ornaments to stitch up from Katia (because come on, who doesn't’ love a Christmas yeti!?) and a whole lotta holiday fabric to get ya feeling alllll the Christmas spirit!
For all the Other Cool Cats!
- Need a tried and true gift, just not sure what it is? Folks, an online RICK RACK Gift Card is always a fab choice!
Making gifts? Here are some fad gifts that are great scrap busters, that you can pump out in time for Christmas! This Zero Waste Bag is the perfect tote for everyone, dontcha think? And who doesn't love a handmade ornament? We think that this folded fabric Christmas Star tutorial from Mr Domestic is the bees knees, and who don't need a Christmas Pickle?
Keep safe, warm and cozy this holiday season, pals! We hope that you all have a lovely holiday!
From, your RICK RACK pals