Join Our Team!
Interested in working at RICK RACK?
RICK RACK is awesome because our team is awesome! RICK RACK and our sister store STASH are equal opportunity employers. We celebrate diversity, and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or ability. Folx of all races, sexualities, genders, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to maintaining a safe, inclusive environment for all of our employees and instructors. We request that interested applicants familiarize themselves with our Anti-Racism Guidelines. If you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Current Openings at RICK RACK:
We are looking for vibrant sewists with a flexible schedule and a passion for sharing knowledge to join our team! We are looking for someone to join our team immediately to assist the public as a sales associate in safe and sanitary working conditions. In our store located in the heart of Inglewood, RICK RACK features indie pattern designers, & inspiring fabrics. Our associates are responsible for providing excellent customer service to everyone who is looking to get crafty!
RICK RACK welcomes and celebrates people of ALL races, countries of origin, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and people of all abilities and we encourage those with diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS - the right person is:
- Is available for one weekend day shift per week
- Is available to work additional shifts between August 15th & 23rd
- Is interested in a casual schedule with ongoing opportunities for additional scheduled shifts and pick up opportunities
DUTIES: – The associate position at RICK RACK includes the following:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Offering assistance with pattern selection and fabric pairings
- Cutting fabric and haberdashery to measure
- Answering phone and email inquiries
- Processing payments and refunds using a POS system
- Assisting with Shopify/ e-commerce order fulfillment
- Signing up customers for our in-store loyalty program
- Booking workshops & processing services online & in person
- Acting as an ambassador for RICK RACK
- Sewing samples as requested by coordinators, while on site
- Maintaining a clean and tidy shop with daily duties
- Maintaining stock levels and assisting with merchandising
- Processing print job requests from customers
- Completing opening and/or closing duties
SKILLS NEEDED – Here is a handy list of the core skills needed:
- Must have intermediate knowledge of garment sewing
- Familiar with current trends in indie pattern design
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be patient and a good listener
- Knowledge of embroidery, quilting, & hand sewing are an asset
- Must be a team player and enjoy social interaction
- Previous retail experience is a bonus
- Previous experience with Shopify is a bonus
- Problem solver extraordinaire
- Ability to multitask and maintain a sense of calm during busy times
- Self-starter; work with limited supervision
TRAINING – We work closely with new sales associates so that their experience at RICK RACK is a success. We do this by:
- Providing one-on-one training for the POS system, Shopify, bookings system, phone system, print job processes, daily email, opening and end of shift procedures
- Providing training on fabric selections & a review of products
- Facilitating bi-annual team training sessions
- We will be providing additional training to all team members on new retail and safety procedures before reopening to the public!
We encourage you to apply via email to Victoria Hedin at email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.
Deadline: July 24th, 2020 @12 noon, but please feel free to apply early. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and will be booking virtual interviews as needed. Thank you for applying! Only email applications will be accepted. We thank everyone who applies but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Current Openings at STASH:
Do you have a passion for craft? Do you enjoy problem-solving, meeting new people, and squishing colourful yarns? STASH is growing and we are looking for happy crafters to join our team!
We are looking for casual Retail Associates to help deliver awesome customer service to our peeps, prepare orders for pick up and delivery, merchandise the store, and assist with maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
Interested applicants must be available for one weekend day shift per week, with opportunities for additional hours on weekdays. Hours will range from 3 to 24 hours per week, depending on scheduling needs, employee schedules and other factors.
STASH welcomes and celebrates people of ALL races, countries of origin, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and people of all abilities and we encourage those with diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
DUTIES: - The retail position at STASH includes the following:
- Greeting customers and providing excellent customer service
- Assisting & advising customers with their retail selections
- Ringing through sales, refunds, exchanges
- Answering phone, email & social media inquiries
- Preparing online orders for pickup or delivery
- Assisting in the display, restocking of merchandise
- Contributing to a safe work environment by assisting with cleaning and sanitation protocols
- Completing opening and/or closing duties as required
REQUIREMENTS - Here is a handy list of the core requirements needed:
- Must know the basics of knitting - cast on, knit, purl, cast off
- Strong, positive communication skills are required
- Must be patient and a good listener
- Ability to work in a team environment is a must
- Knowledge of crochet/embroidery, other crafts are an asset
- Previous retail experience is an asset but not essential
- Experience with Shopify is an asset
TRAINING - We will work closely with new sales associates so that their experience at STASH is a success. We do this by:
- Providing one-on-one training sessions that overview our policies, our POS system, phone system, daily email, shopify, social media channels, and shift procedures.
- Providing training on knitting skills, how to substitute yarns, selecting knitting needles, and a review of STASH products, to start.
COMPENSATION - This casual position pays $15.00 an hour to start. Other benefits include a great deal on STASH products or on products ordered from STASH distributors. Full details of these benefits can be discussed in person.
To apply, please send your cover letter and full resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attn: Nicole Bracey) by 12 Noon on Wednesday, July 29th, 2020. Only email applications will be accepted. We thank everyone who applies but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.