Can you believe it's time for another Me Made May? This challenge was created by Zoe Edwards, aka @sozoblog. In her words:
What IS Me-Made-May?
- MMM is a personal challenge to wear your handmade items more often, or in different ways, to help you improve your relationship with your handmade wardrobe.
- It is entirely personal: you can set the specifications of your challenge as you wish so that it will help YOU. Think about what you would like to improve and/or learn about what you wear.
- You do your challenge for the duration of May.
- It's entirely up to you whether you wish to keep your challenge entirely to yourself, or share some or all of it with others. If you wish to share the odd (or daily!) photo or comment on social media, please use the hashtag #memademay2021 so other participants can find you and cheer you along.
- which of your current handmade items make you feel the happiest (and therefore perhaps how best to spend your garment-making time in the future)
- which of them need to be repaired, altered, upcycled or passed on
- the colours that suit you and the ones that don't
- new combinations that may help you get more use from the items you've made
- which silhouettes and garment styles best suit your day-to-day life, as well as your body and personal taste
- new garment styles, patterns, fabrics, yarns or colours worn by others that you are excited to try for yourself
- how others wear and style the same patterns you own differently
- what different fabrics or yarns others have tried when making patterns you own
- some new online friends
- some new makers' accounts to follow that inspire you
You can find all the deets for this year's challenge and take the pledge on her blog!
So, obviously we're darned excited to showcase our Me Mades for a month, as well as see yours. And since y'all know that we love a good contest, we want to give away the entire LDH Prism set! Yepperdoodle, you heard that right! Tailor Shears, Pinking Shears and Snips, in their beautiful rainbow glory.
How's it gonna work? Well, for the month of May, post your pics on Facebook or Insta, tag @RickRackTextiles and use the hashtag #RickRackMMM. Be sure to follow @RickRackTextiles, and like the contest post. Each separate photo is its own entry, so give'r!
Here's the nitty gritty:
An LDH prism Bundle which includes 1 pair prism tailor shears, 1 pair prism pinking shears and 1 pair prism thread snips.
Rules & Regulations:
- Contest open to residents of Canada and the United States at or over the age of majority.
- Each photo counts as one (1) entry. Participants may submit more than once.
- Contest starts 12:00am May 1st, 2021. Deadline to submit entries is 11:59PM May 31st, 2021. One (1) winner will be chosen by random selection from a combination of instagram entries and Facebook entries.
- Instagram entries must be posted to your public feed and include the hashtag #rickrackmmm. RICK RACK is not able to view private account posts.
- By submitting an Instagram or Facebook entry using the hashtag #rickrackmmm, you are giving RICK RACK permission to share your name/instagram handle and photo on their social media channels, website, and newsletter if they so choose.
- The prize of one (1) LDH Prism Bundle, approximate value $154, must be accepted as awarded. There will be no substitutions.
GOOD LUCK! We're are SEW excited to see your makes!